View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 10:10 AM   #11
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidgety View Post
in TWOS mod, does it change decks awash to run on electric motors for realism?
Of course not. While in deck awash, the boat still runs on diesel engines, your silhouette will be lower and this will have negative impact on enemy watch crews. There are some drawbacks due to game limitations. You wont be able to use binoculars for example, because the game will think that you are about to submerge.

Quote:
After playing a few days I noticed going decks awash would make the watch crew go inside the Uboat and it would switch to electric motors.
I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen for realism or if I tried a mod that broke it. One of the loading screens tells you to do it to get a low shilohette and run on deisal motors, but it goes to electric for me.

Also, the boat seems to struggle getting past the 6m mark when asked. seems like a barrier. only when I click on the decks awash button I mean.
This doesn't sound like normal TWoS behavior. Probably your game was broken due to additional unsupported mods or inadequate installation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidgety View Post
Damn man, really dissapointed you told me it will break game.
I enabled all the mods in the dynamic mod and the game looks incredible compared to before.

I added the night mod yo0u suggested that i just downloaded and sat in harbour till nightfall.

well I took a screen shot to show but subsim makes you upload from 3rd party website so im not creating an account on tiny pic etc, but it looks pretty good so far.

Damn shame it will break game. Cant believe difference. Looks like 5 years advance in graphics quality from 2010.

I dont understand what are you trying to say? TWoS is based on Gap's Dynamic Environment v2.9 mod , plus few more additional tweaks taken other available env mods and some my mods...

I really dont see what one can do in order do get better and more realistic (before everything else) environment than this...

Last edited by vdr1981; 07-11-19 at 10:33 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote