View Single Post
Old 07-15-20, 08:42 PM   #616
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
That's right, I was assigned an Australia mission out of Lorient not once but twice (or was it 3 times?). Twice in a row, then immediately after upgrading to a IXC.

Same missions where the mission orders were in French. It's now late February 1945 and I've seen a few radio messages in French as well.

I didn't re-use any earlier saves, I started a fresh career in 1939 (out of Wilhelmshaven in a Type IX).
Let me dig through the PatrolObjectives, Flotillas, and the individual assignments you would be assigned for that flotilla then. Only a transfer down, or assignment while at Penang or Djakarta should result in those Australian assignments, and even at that, they should not be the Stock missions. That's like receiving an East China Sea assignment each time out on the US side. That is the "fail-safe" for if there is a bad assignment made, to keep from getting "Primary objective not found" error messages. Of course, I have found other ways to induce the game into that comatose state with FotRSU...

That's probably where the trouble you have lies...

Update: OK WH4K, I think I found the crack in the floor that your career fell through. In the old OM, of which 95% of the DW campaign came from, under the IXA boat are three calls for the boat to use the SPAIN code to find missions in PatrolObjectives. However, it looks like the 2nd one has a typo for the year, so there is an overlap of the SPAIN calls. That can cause problems. Then to throw salt in the wound, the Patrol Objectives has seven calls to missions, but there are only six missions. Mission 2 repeats, which is not good, and is probably what caused you to fall through to the "default" Australia assignments group. The "easy" fix is to add a 7th mission to the SPAIN calls. However, the true fix is to remove the extra call for Spain-2... Of course, that is no easy task in the DW PatrolObjectives file, with all of the renumbering that would be involved - This hole has been in there for who knows how long, but it is a double-whammy and is probably why your Save data is corrupt. I am not certain if you want to mess with the Save data, but in your latest Save, you could attempt to alter CareerTrack.upc file and change the CurrentStatusLast section's CurrentFlotilla= and CurrentFlotillaBase= lines to 33Flotilla and F14Flensburg and see if that works, but back-up the entire Save folder before you try that. There are other "hooks" to your current base and flotilla, and that is the easiest reference to find. Maybe someone else knows more about Save folder edits and could better help you, because I would put at least a 50-50 on failure after the edit...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-15-20 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Update!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote