Old 10-28-20, 01:10 PM   #2076
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Updated:

USS Balao out of Midway, latest assignment in Area 5, encountered a stopped merchant on 3/19/44 just north of our position when we resumed course from a lengthy pause. Despite being out of torps and shells, and fully expecting to find a stalled Split Freighter, we investigated and found a Small Personnel Carrier right on the inner boundary of our patrol zone. There were no indications of other ships at any time.

Any ship can be affected by the assumed "bad" Waypoint configuration issue, it's just the Split Merchant is most likely found most often due to its small stature, and it most likely attempts to avoid the bigger ships, resulting in it "losing" its "Leader" ship more easily. The same can happen to a larger ship further back in a group, if other ships get in its way and it turns to an "incorrect" heading which then results in its losing contact with the "Leader" ship. The potential 'fix' is a time eater, and is being edited for the next release. It will not eliminate all these occurrences. That is the nature of the game. But it hopefully will reduce them.

Approximate location: 32' 46" N; 139' 18" E

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\steamapps\common\FotRSUE\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21p_EN
301_MoreDifficultAI01
302_MoreDifficultAI02
399_NoScrollNavMap
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
101_Patch_v1.2To_v1.26p
This looks to be an "old" mod set-up, and for the next career, the 101_Patch_v1.2To_v1.26p should be after the 100 mod. I love the 399_NoScrollNavMap, but the mods that alter the menu ini file might be an issue if not activated when the "base" mod is (in this case, the v1.21 plus the v1.226p).

LAA engaged; Win 10 Pro, 16 GB RAM; no shelling...although I have seen SH4 start in a separate window while I remain on the WinExp window.
Exactly what I mean by Windows might do it to you itself. The way to avoid that one is to use the "Run" dialog, or a desktop short-cut to start the game.

Also, the inability to move the 5" gun forward while retaining crew slots remains.
Thanks for the location on the ship. That helps locate a possible group it was part of. I have not attempted to do much testing of moving the 5" gun and the ramifications of such, but I have done some. With the Gato, Balao and Tench tries that I have done thus far, make certain that the gun and crew slots are there to begin with. Empty them if they are not already. Then try to apply the bow gun in place of the stern gun, or vice versa as desired. Once you have placed the gun, go back to the crew page, and if the slots are there for the new gun, now populate them. If they are not there, you have a configuration issue, and should go back to the gun page and put the original gun back. Save the game, exit, come back in, load and play as-is. After coming back in to port, try again. It should be OK. Other times, you move the gun successfully, populate the gun successfully, go on patrol, call Battle Stations, and the crew doesn't show at their stations on the gun deck, in spite of being on the crew page... Save the game, exit, restart, Load, and play, and the crew should show on the gun at Battle Stations. This is a Stock game issue, something in the dll, act or exe file(s). If you do NOT have a gun when offered an upgrade boat, and you do not have crew slots, do NOT take the boat, unless you want to do the edits as previously noted, else you will never have a gun on that boat. We have not had the time to further test whether it was the Narwhal, or the having moved a gun on another boat that caused the issue, or if it was the boat coming "early", or a portion or all of the above that causes the "no gun" phenomenon. As near as I can tell from researching on this site, this is NOT a stock game issue, but might be related (my opinion).

Edit: Does this look about right for your location above?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 10-28-20 at 02:04 PM. Reason: added pik
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote