View Single Post
Old 03-06-21, 07:12 PM   #2844
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
My crew and I were going about, fulfilling our orders, when these two DD's decided that they wanted to injure and/or seriously maim my men when i noticed that they were riding a bit high in the water....showing a bit more under the plimsoll line than they might. What do you think?
one is an Otori and one is a Matsu. or maybe it is the other way around.

First of all, a message just came in from the Admiral: "You tell that skipper that he apparently was NOT following orders! First of all, it is not within the parameters of the Department of the US Navy Regulations to alter equipment in the manner described that is placed under a skipper's care for use against the enemy. The removal and / or modifying of indicator icons by use of menu_1025_768.ini or any other tool is expressly forbidden. Second, your radio log is not to regulation dimensions and is improperly formatted. It also partially blocks the view of the pretty boats. You are not to alter your equipment without previous permission. You put yourself, your crew and your boat at risk by abuse of these regulations and specifications. You also put yourself at risk for charges and courts-martial procedures. I do know a good JAG... Point 3: your report is incomplete and lacks date, time and location parameters..."

But seriously, that does almost look like a graphics glitch with your Silent Running and Underwater notification icons down by the bow wake of the closer DD - whichever it is... Had you shelled-out to Windows any? A Save, Exit, Re-Load can "fix" those issues. If you moved them there yourself, no biggie. Now, are you anywhere near a "shallows" area that the grouping maybe have traversed when you were roughly 8-10 nautical miles from them? ie: After spawning (radar or sonar detection), but just prior to rendering (visual detection)? If a group renders while going through a "shallows", they can "bounce" like that. Or, if one of the ships has a bad configuration, that can be very "contagious" and affect both ships. So give us location and date, and we'll track those bad boys down, and put some bad (er - good) text editing on them and their grouping!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote