View Single Post
Old 12-14-19, 11:20 AM   #8643
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOjim View Post
Hi guy! I really love the mod, but I noticed a couple of issues the other day.

1) I saw a Japanese submarine on the surface just sitting there stationary in the middle of the ocean. I watched it for a while and it did nothing, I eventually torpedoed it and it sank. Is this normal behaviour or a bug?

2) I noticed some of the new ships show up as sonar contacts, but when I go to listen in the hydrophone there's nothing. Even when you get really close you can't hear anything, the green light isn't turning on in the hydrophone either.

Minor issues, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks in advance!
This version is no longer being maintained and was the "beta" version, please refer to Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate - Full Release for help, or the update to the new version. Pay attention to clear your Save folder to remove all data from previous versions of the game, so that you don't end up with a "mix" of mods.

Also, yes, the Japanese subs seen in the game will at times be sitting still on the surface. This did happen in real life for all nations' subs. Generally speaking, and engine failure, or a desire to devote all engines to charging the battery is why that would happen, so do as you did, and move in quietly, and sink 'em - "Find 'em, Chase 'em, Sink 'em" - only in this case, you could drop the "Chase 'em" part...

Depending upon the circumstances you encounter, some of the ships will be "silent" to your listening ear, and that is a problem with the games "simulation" of a sonar set. The slower the ship, the more likely of this occurring. It is better in v1, but was also better in v0.9x beta, as compared to previous versions or Stock. Generally speaking, if a ship is going slower than 3 knots, you will not be able to hear it, though your sonarman can track it with watch-like precision...

@ Aktungbby: He was submerged, laying in wait, looking for the FotRSU v1.0 release! ...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote