View Single Post
Old 08-25-17, 12:09 PM   #5231
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 443
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpembert View Post
I go through the Captains "radio" and adjust all my settings from there and Duds are selected. I just thought I would have a lot more problems out of the torps. I am using SHIV 1.5 by the way.
Someone the other day mentioned not having many duds also, so we're already looking into it... Do you have any other mods installed? What boat are driving around the ocean in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Lutjens View Post
My install on C: would go to program filesX86 > steam > steamapps > common > SH4 and it wouldn't let me create another folder for the DL to go to so I created another drive, but that was completely deleted.

Now it's E: > steam > steamapps > common > SH4

Same result....stopping at loading screen and will crash to desktop after I open task manager and click through the error messages.

I have JSGME starting in my SH4 folder, would that be an issue? Something isn't adding up somewhere. I'm sure that together we can resolve this..I thank you all so much for your hard work, advice, and patience...I love this game so much and am recently getting back into it.
JSGME is much easier to work with when it is in the same folder as the game, so no issue there. Steam should have let you create a new folder, so that's not cool that it wouldn't. Surely they haven't changed something else now in their process... I'd better go check out my SH3 & SH5 installs, and see if they still run. The E:\ Steam \ structure should be fine, and not getting interfered with. The only question that still remains is: Which version of Silent Hunter do you have from Steam? Wolves of the Pacific v1.3, or the UBoat Missions v1.5? After the game loads, if there's a choice for a German career on the menu, or if on the Single Mission menu you have a choice to "Switch Sides", then you've got the correct one. The Stock load screen in v1.5 is

there'll be the Silent Hunter logo on top of this, of course, and the loading indicator

v1.3 looks like this:

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote