View Single Post
Old 10-10-21, 06:17 PM   #3872
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Jumping in here, there is a much easier way to train the gun ...

Hope this isn't confusing. I hadn't seen any mention of the Arrow Keys or hwo they work with the gun. I'll butt out now.
Thanks for better articulation than I did! lol - we might have to send a request for an Operational Manual to you, let you describe the operation of onboard gear in a more succinct manner than the current dude does... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wood View Post
I installed the game exactly as instructed and it crashed for no reason, at all... No, wait. I accidentally unplugged my computer with my foot. Never mind.
Our cat decided it liked the mouse wire swinging off the back of the keyboard tray the one day. Fascinated by it, it took the mouse off the tray when attacking the wire. I was in the middle of setting up to fire torpedoes, scope up, when it happened. I dropped to the floor, crawling under the desk to retrieve the mouse, as the cat ran away in terror. By the time I came back to the chair, I hear "We taking damage, sir!" "We have heavy flooding, sir!", etc. and a short while later, the spinning end cycle with a fade to black "Although the Admiral wrote that he regretted to inform your next of kin of your demise at sea, something makes you suspect that he was actually a bit relieved. Thankfully, and maybe out of respect for someone that ultimately gave their life in the service, your abysmal record was scrubbed before making it to the National Archives. Your family still thinks of you as a hero at least..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Thanks for looking fella's. I will do some more searching. At first I thought some of it might be from the movie, The Sand Pebbles but I was wrong.
If I ever find it, I'll attempt to remember, to let you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainexpress View Post
Thank you so much FOTRS team for this Mod just installed got it working & bought the gold edition over on ubisoft $9.99 that's cheap for such a Legend Series in the Silent Hunter Sim,since i already own the PC DVD version bought new in 2007....just built me a brand new PC & the Mod & Game looks so amazing along with the rest of the Silent Hunter Series
Thank you, mainexpress. We're glad you are going. In spite of issues, the SH series is quite a bit of fun! I have long since lost my original 2007 disk, somewhere in the mess of at least a half-dozen household moves.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote