View Single Post
Old 02-29-20, 09:36 AM   #510
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
Some of my radio messages are always partial, especially the long ones. Full messages are not displayed. Not sure if this is the mod issue of the stock game issue? Or is there some way to read full message?

-pic-
There should be a scroll gutter on that clipboard window that allows you to scroll up and down through the messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
Hi propbeanie!
I took a screenshot on the Japanese submarine:
it's a "Type C3 Submarine" as a class and I'll post the image taken from the periscope:

-pic-

I have not seen an airplane on its catapult and no other warship nearby.
I hope it can be useful to solve the problem, but it is not better to change the presence of Japanese submarines in the SH4 career option? I don't know if there were direct clashes between submarines throughout the Pacific War, but here in SH4 it would be less of a problem. This is just my opinion!
Torpedo
The C3 would not have an airplane or catapult. There are four Classes of IJN subs in the game that do. You won't "see" them launch a plane, but they do spawn them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
Ok it's nice to sink Japanese submarines but with the advantage of having these Japanese submarines there is the risk of having the gauges blocked in the command room in SH4. The addition of new Japanese submarines may have created some unexpected problems.
The important thing was to sink the merchant ships. This was the main task of the American submarines and other objectives were not so fundamental.
Torpedo
The US subs sank quite a few IJN subs, and were generally positioned for such by Ultra communications. Several US subs sank more than one during their "careers". Remember also, that Clark Gable thought it was Bungo Pete causing all of the havoc in Bungo Suido, but it was an IJN sub all along... |;^)

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote