View Single Post
Old 08-17-08, 08:24 AM   #46
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

It's used for fishing for bits and bytes:rotfl:. It's kind of like the DirectX runtime routines, but for programming languages. You can tell which version you have by looking in your add or remove programs dialog in the Microsoft area. You'll see something like Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 (the number at the end could range from 1.0 to 3.5, and there may be more than one entry). I don't really think that it's a .NET problem, but who knows (especially when dealing with Vista).

Let me know which versions you have installed and we'll go from there. GIEP was created with .NET 2.0 and FIJH was created with .NET 3.5 installed, so I'm guessing that if you have .NET 2.0 installed, then the problem isn't related to .NET. If this is a fairly recent install of Vista (i.e. installed after .NET 3.0 came out) you may not have 2.0 installed. It's possible to have all versions installed at the same time (I have 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5). Some applications (Shoot voice control, for example) require older versions of .NET to function correctly.

I don't remember any problems with backwards compatibility from 2.0 forward, but I'll have to check on that, too. Which version of Vista are you running? I'll show my ignorance of Vista here and ask if it's a 32 bit or 64 bit version.

Also, if anyone else out there is using GIEP and Vista and happen to see this, please let me know which versions of .NET and Vista you have for troubleshooting purposes. Thanks.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote