Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 07-10-22, 10:35 AM   #1452
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

There is a web site, which I cannot find just now (my "search" skills have apparently deteriorated), that describes the grid's layout in lat/long terms for some of the major divides, and describes the distances between the lines... You can then use the bottom border of the ME to see your mouse pointer's lat/long location, and do some "rough" routing that way. Note though, that there were some missions lurker did, as well as several that we did with Fifi that are off by several kilometers, and sometimes hundreds of kilometers, so that is why some of the "orders" text is not accurate. Some are due to the grid system and its idiosyncrasies, and others are due to math calculation issues ( ) on the part of the modders... Sometimes, you just have to guess, then run the mission, see where everything is, and then go back into the mis / tsr file and change the text to match the actual game display, or vice versa... One final point, lurker did a LOT of 'historical' convoys in there, so look really close at their GroupNames and make certain he hasn't already done the heavy lifting, and all you need to do is add-in a few AI subs. I do not recall if he put the documentation of the convoys in the mod the way he did RSRDC, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. Look in the Documentatioin and Support folders of OM. The Documentation folder is NOT transferred to the game folders path the way Data and Support are, but would only be found in the mod folder.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote