View Single Post
Old 12-26-21, 01:41 PM   #4075
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

OK, lunch break from trying to put together Christmas "toys" (a really really nice nice 'pellet' cooking grill, & others), so I ran some Single Missions, Quick Patrols & a couple of Career starts, and the only issue I encountered was when I went too fast from the stern to the stem inside the boat... I went from the shaft animation, through the engine room, to the command room to the radio room to the bunk room to the torpedo room, and then discovered that something got stuck, and I ended up in the "wild blue yonder" of nothingness, and had to Save, exit, re-start and Load the save, and all was fine. Frame rate seldom dropped below 60fps, and might even be better than before. Here is a quick shot looking back at the Manila Harbor tender:

Nary any other sign of issue. so if your <Arrow Key> gets stuck, do a quick Save, exit, re-start and Load to fix that. Maybe vickers03 knows where to look for that, but like all things Silent Hunter, it might be difficult to trace down. One last "little" point about this game, and especially with FotRSU loaded, is that you MUST exit the game between what Ubisoft calls "modes" of operation. In other words, you do a Single Mission, and then want to do a career, exit the game, re-start, and then go into the Career Start section. If you run the Museum to look at all the wonderful work so many modders have done for FotRSU, and then want to do a Quick Patrol, exit the game and then re-start and go into the Quick Patrols.

What I had loaded to look at this was:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\FotRSUv17\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7
AddInModzPak_17
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.7
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
No matter your mod load, I would do the Interiors last, and make certain that you have removed the patch, which is no longer necessary with this version of the Interiors.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote