View Single Post
Old 08-16-21, 08:31 AM   #16
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I'm a bit late to the discussion here so I'll keep it short, option 4 sounds like the easiest option for me, rip it out root and stem and be done with it.
I'm sure Mr beanie has already discussed this alternative with his fellow modders but I was wondering if he could make an addon mod where option 4 can be used by players who don't want or need that modern ST technology thing.
Damn it, I could even give him some high marks out of 10 for catering to all players as well, would 5\10 be too high Mr beanie, I don't want you to get too big headed as your better half could start whacking you round the head with her rolling pin, I'll leave it with you and your team mates to discuss this option again, and please Mr beanie, make the right decision.
My thoughts also, Mr Moonlight, especially after a couple more tries last night, and another this morning. We can get ST functioning just fine, so long as it is a new start after Jan '45 - but the game does not like a periscope "upgrade" to the ST shaft and head, whether using individual parts for the upgrade, or as a combination package. I already have the strategy for the implementation of no ST, except on the Tench, which doesn't start until 1945, and will come with ST active, whether an early issue from upgrade, or normal cycle. These attempts at functional ST upgrades has driven us to distraction, putting SpecOps and everything else on hold while we have banged our collective heads against the wall and forced the natural human aging process early upon our noggins and their contents... - We'll continue to attempt to work on it later and maybe beat it into submission, in case there is some other combination of settings we haven't tried yet, but for now, the ST is pre-ordained to be dead upon arrival next release, and we are on to other aspects of the mod once again. This is to eliminate an Observation Periscope failure (which it surprises me no one has reported encountering that issue), nor an inactive SJ, or weird combination of functionality of the SJ / ST combo.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote