View Single Post
Old 06-11-21, 11:55 PM   #3380
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Like Comder.. I got a patrol, that does NOT want to ring the bell on being completed.

6 days patrol of Sibutu passage... This patrol area is tagged with a green ring/circle to denote the patrol area... & before it gets asked... No, I did NOT exit the area, at any time. Have been inside the circle, the entire time. I set up in essence, a racetrack through the passage area.

Is 31/12/42 & entered it, on 24/12/42

PlayersCurrentObjectives code is: ID326

before I got that objective, had finished up a 6 day patrol of the other passage area nearby.. Basilan passage.

M. M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
Good evening Gentlemen,

My shop kept late the past few days. Sorry for delay. I have sent a response off to Propbeanie with the description of my missions. Yes I did stay inside the green circles like M.M. So we can wait and see if Propbeanie can find anything.

Thanks

Comder
I'm putting both your missions into the same can... I just did MM's mission, and this is what I got with a Salmon:

I saw a single ship, a suspicious "warship" flying neutral colors, and that was it... six days of nothing save one airplane radar contact, and the auxcru that I maybe closed to within 15,500 yards at best... Anyway - it did complete... however, that reply is "qualified". What I need to know from you fellows is:
1. What submarine name and class are you in command of?
2. How did you guys get these mission assignments? via a Status Report?
3. Give your activated mods list again, please.
Now, I do know that MM's dates do not jive. He was assigned that particular mission and was there 24 Dec 42 to 31 Dec 42, and the DynamicMiss (the only way to get that assignment) is only supposed to assign it in mid January, 1942. It should still function though. Also, for Comder's assignment, when a person calls in with a Status Update, the mission is supposed to come from the DynamicMiss.cfg file. However, there are no Kurile assignments in the DynamicMiss list... very strange. So we want to sort this for certain.

Edit: I'm bringing part of Comder's PM in here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder
I always stayed inside the boundaries of the green circles. Now many of the circles did over lap mission 5's location. I did inside full circle. I then did only in mission 5's circle that did not overlap the others. I could not get a completed mission.
So this brings the question "Were the other circles still on the map as you were getting new assignments?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-12-21 at 12:06 AM. Reason: PM info
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote