Old 05-12-21, 01:13 PM   #3249
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
nice job researching this.
it made my head hurt just reading the description.
It gave me a "worser" headache finding it! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminus View Post
Nice researching! Maybe we can temporarily fix that problem by editing save files, before next release.
I am not certain that submarine info is in the Save files... You would be looking for and having to change "UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 4.EquipmentSlot 7" from "ObsPeriscope" to "ObsPeriscopeST", as well as the dates associated with that Slot. Several of the UPC files are combined into one in the Save folder, so it may very well be in there. You could try "ObsPeriscope" as a Search term and see if you find it buried in there somewhere, and the date should show as 1945-01-01 and has to made earlier. But if you don't have ST radar and do that, it still ruins the SJ and turns everything off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
TMO Tench Class does have ST radar. When raise scope its like raising SJ antenna, except for whatever reason contacts do not show up on PPI or A scope but radar operator reads the contacts bearing range and if map contacts are onwill show on map.

That'd be great if could figure it out as an upgrade. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought ST was on the attack scope, which was the point, provide quick and accurate ranges for attacks.
It's on the Observation scope in FotRSU. The one thing I remember about early implementations of it in TMO (they never did turn it on in Stock) was that when you attempted to use the Observation Night periscope with the ST up top, your view "spun" and you could not use the periscope. The upgrade itself in FotRSU works fine.

It's the early purchase for renown points that flaminus ran into issues with. You can purchase the package fine, which is the "dummy" radar for the conning tower in the UnitPartsXSubName.upc, which includes the periscope head, the radar app, and the radar antenna. However, the periscope head needs the periscope shaft, as noted above, which is in the SubName.upc file. You cannot link the two together in a "purchase" that I can see. But the dates for both files change on December 31, 1944 and January 1, 1945, which is why the upgrade works...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote