View Single Post
Old 04-22-21, 05:26 PM   #3091
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonicus View Post
Was wondering why the SJ radar antenna keeps rotating while underwater. I could be wrong but I don't think this is accurate. Is there a way to turn off rotation when the set is off? Seems The captain should have the option to turn on SJ radar when surfaced, should he choose. Should'nt turn on without a direct order.
This is another issue notated in "known issues", and according to my handy-dandy little "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Front.jpg" (found in the game's "root" folder), the skipper can indeed turn off his radars (both of them) with the use of the <T> key for SD and <Ctrl>+<T> combo for the SJ. You will notice that various boats will NOT have the radar rotating after you leave the conn, even though you are set to Continuous rotation. You will still "see" the radar refresh your NavMap view though. But yes, some of the boats' dish will indeed rotate while under water. The controller is not attached that way. If we can ever figure-out what we're looking at in this regard, we'll certainly give it a whirl and try and get it to not whirl while under the surface. In the meantime, use <Ctrl><T> and turn it off yourself, or use the menu buttons... - btw, the courts-martial for improper use of government (the United States Navy Department) issued equipment, placed in your care, begins Monday at 0700 hours sharp...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote