View Single Post
Old 02-04-21, 12:28 PM   #2706
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Who is the S2 moofmilker that thought up this mission?

[pik]

it is an agent insertion mission on Saipan in 1943, approx 9 months before Operation Forager.
Notice the drop-off location and then compare it to the enemy gun emplacements.
Geez-Louise.
That has been with us since the beginning, and was previously reported and "fixed"... this, along with several other files (Flotillas, PatrolObjectives, etc) of "vintage" age were accidentally mixed into the v1.39 of the mod... oldmanitis - the landing zone was moved in the corrected file, to be "east" of the guns, around the small peninsula, and the player warned that "... intelligence reports shore guns located near xx°N - xx°E. You are advised to approach from the south east, utilizing the land as a view block..." or some-such. Thanks for the update though. That would not have been noticed as another over-sight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
did a little recon work......
Driving a Sargo out of Tulagi for several missions (starting early 1943).
Current date is Sept 23, 1943.
based on the discussion here and my experience with NULL dates, i changed the Milne Bay Base availability dates from NULL to the same dates as the Flotilla dates.

[text]...

PB, these changes work. i am operating with them even as we speak.

[pik]
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
... My guess here is that Tulagi is messed-up, but Milne more so. While you didn't transfer to it prior to its being "active", the Flotillas file does have it "active" prior to the base being there, and since SH4 does not use "dates" per se, but rather "time passed", that might further confuse the game, and it is probably thinking that the base is no longer active, as far as the Flotillas file goes. Plus, since Milne is "copied" from Brisbane, some dingbat forgot to change one of the "spawn-in" locations for Milne Bay... sigh. - Both fixed (hopefully) for the next version...
Keep up man! We move ~fast~ here, at least, for me we do... - that is my edju-muh-kate-ed guess also. The "fix" is in the files for the next version. s7rikeback is finishing checks on airplane files, and I am now working on eliminating "doubles" in the PatrolObjectives file, such as where a "PhilippineOPS" assignment is also used for a "Philippines" assignment, both calling the same mission file - also a hold-over from a while ago. The usual "easy" fix is to add more missions and change the assignment in one or the other Codes, but that is almost as complicated as the "easy" fix of removing the duplicate entries from the PatrolObjectives file, and then renumbering the whole thing... Scary either way. Hopefully, with all of this, and an "Objectives Checker" thingie I am working on, we won't have the occasional CTD when leaving on patrol... maybe...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote