View Single Post
Old 01-04-21, 07:48 PM   #2488
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

@ CapnScurvy: As you know, the pace is not the important part. It's kind of like fishing, and you are NOT in a competition. This is for relaxation. So cast the bait out every once in a while, slow crank it back in... cast again. lather rinse repeat. Have fun with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
AFAIK the only corvette type in FotRS:UE is the Corvette Subchaser class, which I mentioned in my post above. At least, it's the only thing I ever run into with Corvette in its name.

FWIW, I am out on my 2nd patrol and have had some dud torps since the last post. Even a full sub-load of fish isn't necessarily a useful sample size.

So far they are the expected type of duds: either the magnetic influence fuse simply doesn't work (or maybe the torp ran too deep), or the contact fuse doesn't work.
There is the Subchaser, and there is the "Old Corvette"... I have run through all of the Type=1 vessels though anyway, nothing found in them. I have also run several scenarios with all of the Type=1 vessels, and have not found issues. The Type A1 also seems fine, and sinks with one hit, if you get it in the right spot. It can see periscopes just as well as a DD, and will shoot torpedoes at you if you're in close enough and leave the scope up too long, as well as using the deck gun to shoot at you... We'll keep re-visiting this though, just to make certain. As happens far too often with the game and any mod, it can take the modders much longer to replicate what some players find in one day of using the mod... - Keep the reports coming!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote