Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 10-16-20, 11:21 AM   #698
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

OK, finally got a chance to try the Museum in Dark Waters v6 (which does show as v5 on the splash screen). For whatever reason, when I attempt to capture the "splash" screen going into the Museum, no matter what mod or Stock, this is all I ever get:

However, going in with DW, you should see the "Stock" image of the IJN BB Yamato bow-on shot as a splash screen. Once in the Museum (roughly 2-4 minutes, computer dependent), you should see the US BB Iowa Class. I clicked on several ships, and grabbed the Casablanca:

Anyway, I was reasonably certain that the Museum does indeed function in Dark Waters, because that is the "gold standard" if you will, that all of the ships will display correctly in the game, if they display in the Museum. If they crash the Museum, they will likely crash the game. Now, one thing to remember about using the Museum, is that you cannot use any other aspect of the game if you use the Museum. In other words, start the game and start the Museum. When finished with the Museum, close the game. Re-start the game and then play which other aspect you want to use (Quick Mission, Patrol, Multi-Player, School, or Career). If you run a career, and then want to use the Museum, exit the game, then re-start it and ~then~ go into the Museum. The game apparently does not clear its cache between the different segments, such that even going from a Quick Mission to the Career can be problematic...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote