View Single Post
Old 09-27-20, 10:42 PM   #1917
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

OK, for those of you have issues with the deck guns disappearing after a boat upgrade, we'll need a bit more info. The main thing I am wondering about is whether our little "patches" and updates have truly been backwards compatible with previous Saves. Therefore, for those of you that lose the gun, do you know / remember your mod "history", in addition to the mod list? In other words, say you started with v1.2, then went v1.21 patch, then did the v1.24 full version, the whole time keeping the same Save folder? Or have you done clean installs, and deletion of the Save folder, and then lose the gun on a boat upgrade? I most likely won't have much time the next few weeks to attempt to replicate the situation, but all of my testing thus far, even with boat upgrades, I do not lose the deck gun. However, these are thus far all fresh installs. As I say, I have every intention to try some v1.2 Saves, then apply patches, do more Saves, apply another patch, more Saves, & see if and when I upgrade my boat, if I do lose the gun...

In the meantime, an alpha patch is being scrutinized and hopefully will be out tomorrow afternoon / evening, with the 3 sil files included, as well as the v2 Shinano, BB sils, shortening of some airplane ranges, alteration of the Museum cfg, which necessitated some campaign file changes, altering some assignments for the Solomons area, and the addition of a "Cactus" air base for the US side, that only has fighters for Henderson Field on Guadalcanal. The idea behind the shortening of airplane ranges and the smaller airbase is to hopefully eliminate some of the airplane traffic over the Solomons. Similar to what we had before with Rabaul and other areas nearby, was that Port Moresby, Northeast Australia, Espritu Santo and later Milne Bay are all about equally within range of the Solomons, so an Allied airplane response is almost always heavy. Similarly, there are several Japanese air bases within roughly equal range, so their response to the Allied response, or to the sighting of the player's sub, is always heavy also. It was observed in one test run up northwest of New Georgia, outside the entrance to The Slot, where the Allied planes would sink entire Tokyo Express convoys of six and ten ships, accounting for the dearth of traffic further down in The Slot, and eliciting a heavy Japanese plane response...

Anyway, let us know about your mod "history" also now, if you've experienced losing the deck gun with an upgrade please, and we'll have some fixes in another (hopefully) compatible patch shortly. If you have anything else in the mod (besides the fuel usage, which is reported) that concerns you, let us know...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote