View Single Post
Old 09-12-20, 08:40 AM   #1810
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramike View Post
Just got going in this mod, got me to revisit SHIV after a few years. I've noticed that, for the live of me, in my Gar boat, when I turn at all my speed reduces to 4 knots or less unless at full or flank. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance!
You will scrub off a few knots when turning, which can affect your "turn-ability" quite a bit when submerged, but generally speaking, only a couple-three knots if at Ahead Standard and doing a 90... but I'm talking while on the surface, from say 10 knots to 6-7 knots at the most. Submerged, you might go from 6 to 4 knots while turning... Had you cleaned the Save folder and started with a known-good SH4 install? I would think, since you say "got me to revisit SHIV" that you probably did... Can you get your mod list from JSGME, or is the base "100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition..." the only run you are using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Mod List:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.21p_EN
399_NoScrollNavMap
449_FOTRSU Umark Removal
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
901_strategic_map_symbols

I don't have a clue as to how to upload any of my save files or their components.

All I can say is that I started a career in a Sargo (Spearfish) out of Manila on 12/8/41, ended the first patrol at Surabaya, ended the 2nd patrol at Perth/Fremantle, did one more out of there, and then was offered the Tambor (Taurtog). Completed one patrol from Perth/Fremantle (same objective as the 2nd patrol, the one from Surabaya - land a team on the far side of Luzon). I did think it unusual to have the exact same mission for the 2nd and 4th patrols from 2 different bases and 2 different boats. Otherwise all seemed normal. It was while attempting to start the 5th patrol (2nd in the Tambor boat) that I ran into the Objective Missing error.

If you have a suggestion for getting you my save file(s) I'll be happy to do that.
email sent, "assembly" needed on that... lol - in the meantime, my understanding of the game was that if you did a given mission in one boat, that was it - the game kept track of the missions assigned, and you did not get the same one again - unless there was something amiss in that first one... - let me look for that insertion on Luzon. There are a couple of missions that are very similar, with the only differences being the "artwork" of the circle, the wording of the orders, and maybe the zone being moved a bit, so it might be that for the similarity in assignment, though why the game went back to that "pool" again so soon is "different"...

Edit: I may have found it! "Insertion Commando Philippines 04.mis" does not have a drop zone... let me "dress" that up proper, and send you a "fix" that you can drop in, and attempt that same mission then... Please Standby... lol

Edit 2: This is for everyone, but give this a shot torpedobait: PalawanFix.7z, which is the mis and tsr file for Insertion Commando Philippines 04. Added a drop zone, and linked an Objective to that, and presto-change-oh, it works. In theory, you should be able to drop this into your game, then click on the map for your assignment again, and this time, it should find the Objective... in theory. We'll incorporate this into the Patch file, which will now be "03" - at this rate, we'll hit that "99" count s7rikeback and myself were joking about last night, within a 2 week time frame...

Edit 3: Here is the all-inclusive Patch 03 with the above in it: Version121Patch03.7z, along with the Shinano, flags, etc. fixes...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-12-20 at 09:37 AM. Reason: PalawanFix & Version121Patch03.7z
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote