View Single Post
Old 08-29-20, 12:27 AM   #1694
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Between the TC and the "... though I did have 45% hull damage...", there you have it. Any TC starts to take away the audio prompts, with each step higher taking more, such that by 8x TC, you get no prompts from your crew, and the text box freezes, so you have no clue as to when the pressure hull was breached. We have found from other sources (who shall remain anonymous at this time, since I can't remember diddley, other than his first name was "Bo"...) that a 40% amount of hull damage is actually quite a bit, and definitely will affect your submarine's suitability to dive, sometimes even to PD. You do have to stay on the damage screen, and watch that percentage figure. If you incur anymore damage, you will have to come up some. Keep observing, and maybe have to come up more... Depending upon the damage and the depth, you might get 2 seconds between each point of damage incurred when you go too deep. I have however, gone down to PD and been fine, only to have something give 10 minutes later, and have to surface, because the figure just won't quit creeping up once it started...

Transfers can only happen if the current boat you have is also available at the other base. Brisbane actually had Balao boats active before Pearl, so you should be able to transfer down there no problem - other than the way the game does it. In v1.5, when you click the transfer button, you go there NOW. So when you are back at Pearl in the office, and use the transfer function to choose Brisbane, you are transported ala Star Trek to Brisbane. However, you still have that last Pearl assignment to do, that got stuck in the games craw when you came back in from patrol. No way to avoid that, so you might have to do another Polar Circuit mission from Brisbane... Just be sure and stop for fuel at Johnston Island and / or Midway on the way to and from Kurile! Don't want to lose your seat in the Officer's Mess!...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote