View Single Post
Old 06-21-20, 07:25 AM   #1358
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

The range they can see you varies of course, on several factors, such as your speed, their speed, and the AOB (how they see you). Since fixing the Loadouts on airplanes, you will get a definite course change from them if they are still armed. They usually will not fail to see you inside of 5 nm, and I have had them see me at roughly 8.2 nm when I was attempting an end-around on a convoy and running at flank, broadside to the plane.

One thing to keep in mind about airplanes is that they do not always change course and come at you. If out of weapons, or not carrying any, they will fly straight-line, and just fone home with your info. Location, course and speed being enough to draw a circle around your potential future location to avoid. The ships dodging around you, or re-routing, can and does happen, but only initially, and if they are close. However, another airplane comes to find you, and they avoid again. A submarine in the Stock game warrants a response of seven airplanes. This is somewhat reduced in FotRSU with closer, smaller airfields (mostly in an attempt to avoid striking the terrain when responding long-distances) that only have a couple of airplanes to spawn. They can and do call in re-inforcements though... Once seen, you will get a continual airplane response, and it goes to all sides of your reported position, your next location being somewhat easy to determine. After all, a submarine can only go so far in a given time period.

The <Ctrl><T> does indeed turn your SJ on and off. You do not get a text-box response, but instead will get a menu button light. The SD cannot change the menu button (it was never meant to be turned-off), hence the text prompts. I thought we had a hot key to toggle the "Rotate / Focus", but I don't see it listed, so I'll do some experimenting later on that. As an aside, all of the radars do seem to attract attention for ASW attacks, and this includes radio transmissions. Now, the IJN IJA did not have radar detectors until mid- to late-war, except in SH4, so be aware that they will focus on your radar array...

The dish rotation does not follow the actual functioning of the radar in FotRSU. Sometimes, it will show rotating, and it is not doing such at the station. Other times, it will not be rotating, and it will show rotation at the station. We are attempting to find where that is controlled...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote