View Single Post
Old 06-10-20, 12:41 PM   #1275
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcrutch12 View Post
So I haven't played SH4 in years but got the hankering a few days ago. I downloaded and installed the game plus the FORTSU mod. Played a few days and everything was great. Starting my 3rd patrol, 65k or so total tonnage over the first 2, not staggering but I'm old and out of practice. Anyway, today, my save games refuse to load. The bar fills up, it looks like it's going to, and then it just sits. I hate to lose my save game but whatever, my bigger concern is getting invested in another start and then this happening again. If anyone can help that'd be awesome as I've been having a blast the last couple of days. Thanks a lot!!
Do you have LAA properly activated on the SH4.exe file? Do you have the patch applied on top of FotRSU? Do you happen to remember your orders for your 3rd patrol? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
2 questions about FOTRSU 1.1:

a)
Is it possible to change the map on the command room's table in the Gato sub to be the normal map, not the attack map?

b)
Is there any optional mod compatible with this main mod to mount deck guns on the back part of the sub (like an optional mod in TMO)? I know I would have to chose this before starting a career because the stock SH4 game doesn't allow deck gun changes without making the crew roster disappear.

Thanks,
XS
a) Yes, that is possible to do... I checked several subs, and most go to the Attack map with that, but looking at a Sargo boat, there are a few things "extra" on the table, and we might include a couple of those in the other boats, and have more clickable links, so that there can be an Attack Map and a Navigation Map link. Since the map on the table appears to be a Navigation Map, we'll do that change, and make a clipboard (if I can cut it out of the Sargo) as the Attack Map link, and add a 2nd coffee cup for Crew Management... Sound good?

b) There is NOT a compatible mod for that, though there is a plan for that, but it is further off in the future than it was even yesterday. We want to attempt to get the guns behavior back to Stock when it comes time for an upgrade there, since most folks are familiar with recovering the gun crew in the Stock game. That has to come first. In FotRSU, it is not always possible since the guns are "glued" to the deck, yet the game still has a tendency to wipe-out the gun crew in about 1/3 of the upgrades... In any case, it will be a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesn9 View Post
Running FOTRSU 1.1 patrol 1 out of Midway.
Had a 10 day patrol area, stayed in area, sank a few ships here & there.
At the end of 10 days,I received a radio message: patrol anywhere, or go to port.
Moved south, found a target, sank it. then I radioed in, Immediately got a message for a zone to patrol (Abridge, I believe).
Headed that way, took out another few ships on the way, no where near zone yet, radioed in, got a new zone (11, I think, I've slept and drank since)

Is this normal: get a new zone every time I radio in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Don't phone home, you can do what the hell you want after you've completed your main patrol objective.
Exactly. Normal behavior. You will keep getting assignments until you get below 10% of ammunition, or 30% of fuel - I think... It might be like 25% of fuel... Some of the missions that are closer in to bases get down to 8% and 20% levels... Wait until the lifeguard missions get added back in... they will run you ragged, since you don't need ammo for those, just fuel...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote