View Single Post
Old 03-18-20, 10:13 AM   #620
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

dvdwildsau, here is an example. The TUS, (3-Stack Liner), loaded with "Ammunition", standing still 1000 yards away, I shot 3 torpedoes in a bow to stern spread. The ship did attempt to take off as soon as they saw my periscope (about 15 seconds), but loaded with ammunition, it took them a bit to even get moving. The ammunition load did secondary explosions after the 2nd torpedo hit. This is as the 3rd torpedo hits, just a pinch aft of where I aimed. Notice that it is already down by the bow, and will sink within two minutes of this (rather strangely also, going practically vertical as it goes):

Now, the same ship, but with a "Freight" load, several minutes after 3 of 6 torpedoes hit:

The ship again took off as soon as they saw my periscope, getting up to speed quickly, such that what was aimed at the bow hit in the boiler room (thankfully), the torp aimed amidship barely hit the rudder area, and the one aimed aft completely missed. I shot a fourth and fifth torpedo, missing forward with that fourth shot (the ship slowed and turned), and barely hitting the bow with the fifth. The ship slowed quite a bit then, and I did put another into it, for four hits of six shot from the bow tubes. It finally went dead in the water, and I was able to catch it then, turn and used two of the aft tubes, of which those two hit, and this happened, similar to the 3rd hit with the Ammunition load:

From this point, it sank just as fast as above, but it took six instead of two torpedoes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdwildsau View Post
I use the Steam Sh4+ Uboat missions (1.5)
before I installed the mod made everything from scratch modified the sh4.exe (Admin mode) with LAA ,savefolder deletet

lets see if the DDs get better in 1944? if not there might be a problem in the DDs AI

have an

Intel i7 9700 k

32 GB Ram

RTX 2080 8GB

should be enough
The DD will get better, then worse in 43-44, but they do get better "tools" to use against your boat. There is no problem with the AI. It is purposefully turned-down in FotRSU. There are situations where an aggressive AI is rather inappropriate, as compared to real life. This is not TMO, though it is based upon it. "Difficulty" and other add-in mods will follow later. Your computer is plenty strong. One issue with the 'modern' computer, is it is in fact "too strong" for the fps rate, of which, the game was written for 30fps, and running it above that will throw the game's "clock" off over time.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote