View Single Post
Old 03-05-20, 11:40 PM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaxChrom View Post
I'm sorry I didn't answer, I had email notifications on but didnt receive any until i checked today :/

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 5700
32GB of RAM
64-bit Windows 10

Steam purchase and steam install path C:\Program files(x86)\Steam....

Version 1.5 i believe as I bought both base game and wolves of the pacific which i hear includes the latest patch

No mods with the current problem, but i tried installing RSRDC as I was convinced the game's infinite spawning would be fixed. Installed it, my pc blue screened and nearly bricked so im not trying that again
OK, the "highlighted" text in "Orange" above is the primary reason for RSRDC to fail. But maybe also the "Yellow" text above might contribute. I do not know how Steam does their SH4 games, since I have SH3 and SH5. My SH4 games are two disk versions and a UPlay version, but you definitely was to make certain that you are starting the v1.5, which has the Uboat Mission Addons included, and will start with an orange sunset / sunrise silhouetting a Type IXD2 submarine as its "splash" screen while loading.

As for the installing it in a Program Files folder, Windows is attempting to prevent you from harming yourself and altering files without proper authorization... I am typing facetiously, but Windows really does rollboack edits that have been made to the computer in certain "protected" folders, and the Program Files folders are on par with the Windows folders, considered as "system" folders. If you want to do any form of modding on the the game, you will have to move the game, possibly even the Steam install itself. If you have a 2nd viable hard drive available, such as a high speed (7200 rpm) drive with good throughput across a USB2 interface, you could create a 2nd Steam Library folder on that drive, and install SH4 to that. For more info, see the Steam Knowledge Base Article "Moving a Steam Installation and Games". Sometimes it is easier to uninstall it all, and then re-install, but using a folder of your own naming instead of the Program Files folder. Also, probably not an issue, but with everything running in the background of a 'modern' computer, you never know... but you could read through CapnScurvy's excellent posting "Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install" and see if maybe LAA might not help a bit also.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote