View Single Post
Old 03-04-20, 07:26 AM   #532
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicemanJ View Post
I'm going to try again, I set it up in C:\Games\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific. Maybe I extracted in the wrong folder. I tried it a couple times last night. I just deleted it all and reinstalled SH4 and will follow instruction again and see if I can get it right.

System Specs
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K
64K DDR4 Ram
GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

Good to go!! Time to take the Sub for a test run...
Excellent! Glad you are going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I was in this area:

- pic linkie -

The gauges were working fine as I can recall, sub was on surface running ahead standard with 10kn and rudder 0. There was no (known) enemy nearby. No planes, no ship, no sub.
Ship is a Tambor Class (USS Tautog SS-199)

I never used the "save replay" checkbox.

I replayed the mission this morning from start in base and now the saves seem to work.
The mod working fine the next time through the same area is not surprising. Something seems to be spawning, or generating, in the game that is causing us issues. Since things do not spawn at a 100% rate generally, that can make it much more difficult to track down an issue. Let me ask you a few more questions then: It appears that you were ordered to "proceed immediately" or similar wording, to where the orange star with the flag is, correct? Once you arrived in the general area, you were told to sink ships, and it was up to you as to where to go to do that, correct? This is a screen grab from a different journey to this area, correct? Do you recall what ship that was you sank there in the East China Sea? Is that what completed the mission you have pictured in your picture link? The red square in the Pacific, signifying a radio report of either a ship or group, did the message allude to what that was? Lastly, what is you assignment down west of the Ryukyu chain in the East China Sea?

@ Torpedo: How close to this area where he drew the box were you when you lost your gauges? Or were you closer to Bungo or Kii Suido?...

Thanks guys for anymore details you can supply.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote