Old 12-24-19, 10:31 AM   #269
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
Propbeanie,

With numerous patrols between Dec 1941 and Feb 1944, I have never received a "return to base" order and have often been extremely low on torps or completely out.
OK, I just looked through the ContactReport files again, and they are set to be like Stock, in that if your submarine has at least 10% of its fuel left AND 25% of your torpedo load (six torps) for most of the 6-tubed subs), then you should be assigned the ContactReport group as an objective, which might give you specific instructions as to what to target. If your boat has 10% or its fuel, and no torpedoes, you should fall through to the "default" ContactReport 50 mission, which tells you to head home - "SHOULD" being the operative word... Normal mission assignment when you call in a Status Report would assign you a new mission if you have 35% of your fuel, and 25% of your torpedoes, to allow for traveling to the assigned area. That is NOT to say that you should do the mission, only that you've been given clearance to do it. It still behooves the skipper to figure his fuel reserves (especially) into his decision. Six torpedoes is sometimes more than sufficient, but it amazes me how sometimes when you only have a few left, how high the failure rate can be... - I will attempt to set-up some test career missions for checking the full functionality for the release after this next one. s7rikeback is double-checking some loadout settings for the airplanes, and I'm still trying to find the weird mixed groups, but the rest of the next release is ready for hand-off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
Propbeanie,

Received new Gar on last patrol. Had an aft mounted 50 cal only. Given a remodel to tower on return and offered 5" 25 cal bow gun.

Same problem as before with Tambor. Crew view shows only an aft gun with 4 crew spaces. No bow gun or crew spaces. Equipment view indicates a 5" 25 cal. bow gun only while the external camera shows guns on bow and stern.

Not a major problem until we receive damage to the bow gun and no crew spaces allotted to repair said bow gun; then, we'll have to live with that non-stopping steam burst sound.
I might try to do a bat file to attempt a slightly "automatic" fix for that... Did the game offer to put the gun either fore or aft, or just to the bow?... Thanks.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote