View Single Post
Old 10-04-19, 09:05 PM   #8579
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
How on earth do you get hammered so hard? I tried the same Task Force by going after the first group and the second group. Everything is perfect until I try to leave the area at 300 feet. As soon as I get about 6000-8000 yards away CTD. By the way I shoot first from about 6000 to 8000 yards away, dive to 300 all ahead flank move in front of them while the DD chase where they thought I was and reload at general quarters. Once I am dead ahead of them it is back to periscope depth fire some more sink some more.

I'm extremely aggressive in my attacks. It is a bit like the old Sprint and Drift tactic. If you try again Propbeanie, after your first run drop to 300 feet all ahead flank and move to be in front of the CV's. If you are done with your attack then go to 300 feet all ahead flank and leave the area by the bearing that has the least traffic and see how far you get. Maybe I am just dealing with a corrupt save and something is triggering the CTD while I leave.
That's what I'm going to do then, and no more "Silent Running" on the Balao... - Aye matey, he'll ne,er no wutt hit heem!!! Argh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
Dunno. Maybe. But it seems a bit more random to me. Maybe they get assigned an item to repair by the game itself even if damage control is not switched on at the time. So maybe the DC team has to repair that first one in line before they can recognize the repair priority that I have set and get to work on it? I'll have to make some more careful observations of that. I do, however, think that DC will go straight to work on flooding and repairing those bulkheads before going to the non-structural stuff. This seems to be what I have seen when the DC team are left to choose for themselves with no input from me.
Finishing what they were working on at the time of the assignment makes sense, as does the fact that there are so many people the DC team can hold, that they all can't fit in the bilge to work on the pump anyway...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 10-04-19 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Pirate spelling
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote