Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 10-04-19, 11:51 AM   #8576
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Well merc4ulfate, I sure don't have the issue of the DD not seeing, hearing or hitting my submarine... This time, I slipped into the group from the other side, and purposefully shot at all 3 CV, on about the same line as before except the opposite set-up, targeting the furthest east Shokaku (3x fast torps), then the Unryu (slow torp & 2x 18s), then the closest Shokaku with the rear tubes (2x slow 14s, 1x 18). The Unryu took it on the chin from the 3rd torp shot at the furthest Shokaku. The... other two missed that Shokaku ahead, since it "saw" the hits on the other two, and slowed to about 3 knots. The Shokaku behind was hit by all 3, two detonated, and it went down fast with all sorts of internal explosions. The Unryu took four hits then, the 3rd shot at the furthest Shokaku, a dud, a detonation, and a dud. It was down by the bow, almost dead in the water last I saw. I am dreaming of finishing it off by going deep and fast to pass underneath and get it with the rear tube that I had left, and be reloading the others. Then chase down the other Shokaku that is by now, almost standing still, when "Boom! Boom! BOO-OOMMM!!!" "We're taking damage sir!" "We have flooding sir!" "Bulkhead damaged sir!" "Mommy!!!"... Where did these planes come from, and how did they "target" me while I'm passing the 100 foot mark, turning and doing 6 knots??!??!!! Say whuh?... So I'm passing the 150 mark and turn some more, pass the thermal, turn some more the other way, when ten minutes later, a DD from who knows where, drops their charges, not really at all close. I had the external camera on this time, so I can "see" where they dropped, yet again, "We're taking damage sir!" "We have flooding sir!" and that's it... we died... 12:46 local time, and we were done. Not a fair trade, I don't think, sub for a CV... but again, no CTD, however, as the 2x planes were coming in, I did notice some hitches in the fps, dropping down to the 10-12 range on this i3 with onboard intel graphics - not the best in hardware by a long shot... The 2 planes, looked like zero models, but they had green upper fuselages. I'll try to ID them here in a bit. I did get one screen shot with one in it... I am wondering what the fps would have dropped to if there had been a squadron of those planes.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote