View Single Post
Old 10-02-19, 08:37 PM   #8569
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper44 View Post
I had run LAA but ran it again for good measure. The SH exe and files in the folder were marked read-only so that was probably it. This PC runs 2019 AAA titles at max or close to max settings, and has a 64-bit OS.

The link to the save folder files is https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SM...CSgiMu1CEpR98G
I've got your Save file, if you want to delete and get your drive space back. I'll look at the mission IDs and see if I can tell which one is doing you in. My guess is a trip to the Solomon Sea off of New Guinea and New Britain. That one had Objective issues that are corrected for the next release.

As for your machine being more than capable, that is completely understandable, but we are talking about a 32-bit game with restricted bandwidth and footprint in the 'modern' OS. Getting LAA properly applied will definitely help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
I have a new CTD to report and as yet have not traced down the issue.

Location 134° 54E, 9° 51N
06/18/1944
Balao Class out of Brisbane

In support of the Mariana invasion I have taken up position in hopes of intercepting the IJN Carrier Fleet on its way to disrupt the Allied Invasion. The Great Mariana Turkey shoot should soon be on the way Tomorrow.

I intercepted three CV, three CA and maybe 10 DD

The first time I ran this I sank three CV and 1 CA and wounded a second CA. I had no depth charge attack on me as they never determined my position. I left the area at 300 feet all ahead flank and I would suppose about 6000 yards out from the DD I got a CTD.

I write d own my Long Lat finding when I spot a convoy or task force so the next day I went back to the same place and this time I sank 3 CV, 3 CA, 3 DD, dove to 300 feet existed the area and about 6000 from the searching DDs I got the same CTD.

I didn't have enough fish to finish off the rest of the DD.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Windows 7
LAA
Clean Install by Capt Scurvy's instruction
Jsgme
FOTRSU 0.90 RC3
I will attempt to get in the same area on that date merc4ulfate, and see what I get. I will also look in the files. Was there a common time of day between them?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote