Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper44 View Post
My S Boat Patrol Dates are:

December 9 - February 14
February 21 - May 11
June 13 - August 17
September 21 - November 21
December 20 - March 4

On most of those patrols after the first one I had a ctd trying to leave base and loaded either the autosave on entering base, the autosave on leaving base or another save and tried again until it worked.

Finally, on March 5, 1943 clicking the map to start a mission:
ERROR: No Primary Objective Found

I have not been offered a fleet boat and have not been transferred to the Aleutians .
Let me ask you this then Skipper44: do you have the LAA properly applied to the SH4.exe file? While in the root of the game folder, right-click on the SH4.exe file, and choose "Properties" on that menu with a left-click. Then on that first "General" tab, look in the File Attributes section, and be sure that the tick box for "Read-only" is cleared. Then run LAA again, and select the sh4.exe file in it. If you are set to "Basic" in LAA, you should see a check mark in the box for Step 2. If you have "Intermediate" or "Advanced" mode selected, you should see "True" for it under the "LAA" column. If it is not set, try again. For whatever reason, I was interpreting what you said as one CTD, but you have had several, and under circumstances that should not have induced one, unless it completely ruined the career. LAA can help the computer use more RAM for the game, ~IF~ you have a 64-bit OS and more than 3gig of RAM. I suppose you might let us know what your OS is and how much RAM you do have...

As for your most recent "ERROR: No Primary Objective Found" issue, that is definitely a bad assignment, brought about from the dum-dum that edited the Flotillas.upc file ( - which would be me... ). If we could have KaleunMarco or one of the others that are familiar with editing the Save folder, we might be able to edit it to point you at a proper file. However, we would need a copy of your Save folder to see which missions you have already had. If you could zip the SH4 Save folder and its contents (usually "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4") and then upload it somewhere, we can see which ID= lines you have already had, and give you a valid one to put in place of the latest, which (in theory) would then allow you to continue your career until you either end up at Pearl retired or in Dutch Harbor and do one or two more patrols before being retired or given a new boat...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote