View Single Post
Old 08-03-19, 11:06 AM   #8401
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wood View Post
I am driving the S-38, in June of 1942, in the Solomon Islands on my third patrol. Twice, so far, when I clicked the envelope to get a new mission, I got a game crash. These crashes were non-sequential. I am pretty sure they were caused by something in the mission file, but cannot tell which one or ones they were, because the game crashed (so this report is of limited value).

I am playing a new, virgin copy of the game which I bought for FOTRS .90, installed on my E: drive, and I deleted the SH4 file and I use the Large Memory Aware program.
Thank you for that Michael Wood. More than enough information. You are using the Status Update, which then goes into the DynamicMiss.cfg file to look for other assignments to give you. For whatever reason, it is attempting to pull something invalid. Whether it is an invalid section number, assignment code, or whatever, I don't know, but we'll dig into that also. Not that it matters in the long run, but did you start in Manila at the start of the war, or in Fremantle later? Did all of the transfers to other bases function apparently as intended? Thanks

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote