View Single Post
Old 06-27-19, 11:08 AM   #5
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0
Default my escape tactic

I myself cut the engines back to 50rpm as mentioned above and keep it there changing course by 3-5 degrees to the port or starboard and never more. I never go to flank while depth charges are raining down. I maintain 50rpm. Most have had good results with this tactic, I haven't. Maybe my timing's off, cause all I accomplish is re-alerting them. As for depth, I like to maintain the option of being able to dive deeper if need be. I don't like to loose my depth option right away. so I usually like to be at between 140-160 meters for starters. That way I can go up, down, port or starboard, if I need to. I also never ever use time compression to speed thing up, you might not be able to react to something in time or worse, recover. I play it like this and eventually they move off. Finally when the do give up, I wait for them to get about 6km away before coming off silent running and slide away at 3kts and reload tubes. When they're 10kms distant, I surface, recharge, and send BDU a patrol status report. I find that escaping is just as or more exciting then hunting
Doolar is offline   Reply With Quote