View Single Post
Old 06-27-19, 11:07 AM   #8303
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wood View Post
1. Orders said to report all contacts. Reported Convoy. Was told other assets would be used and to "return to base". In last build, same thing happened and so I followed orders and returned to base. Was told on forum that his ruined my career. So, this time I ignored orders and continued my mission. It would be nice, if possible, to change "Return to base" to "Continue with mission" or something or nothing at all.
If you have an active objective, primary or secondary, it should be telling you to continue, no matter what, not return to base. That would only be sent if you have completed objectives given ~and~ you're low on fuel and / or torpedoes... I'll look into it (DynamicMiss.cfg), but double-check your install (again). If you used the JSGME Snapshot, deactivate the mod and check it. Move your Save folder data, and run the game again with a "clean" save folder, and try a Contact Report again, if you have the time. Not a big deal if you don't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wood View Post
2. Noticed in my 1941 Salmon class boat, that the maximum number of commissioned officers is five. Okay. I started with five commissioned officers. But, I also had five Chiefs, and they also count as commissioned officers. So, to replace one, I have to boot six officers and chiefs from the boat. Same situation applies to all boats. Recommend changing value in .UPC file from 5 to 11 or other appropriate value. But, not my decision.
I thought we had that changed like that... I'll go back through some of the old files. Maybe CapnScurvy will come along and comment...

Thanks for the other comments / notes.

I have found two examples of torpedoes being shot at US subs from IJN DD. One sub was on the surface, the other was submerged, with the periscope up, traveling at a slow speed.
#8279 Gudgeon Surfaced
#8284 Growler Submerged
Both Gar boats, and I'd be surprised if those are the only ones. The mod has reduced the range a DD will shoot at you, and the time has been extended before they do. Get in close to a ship of any sort with AA type guns, put your scope up, and observe how long it now takes them to turn at your scope and start shooting. It will take a bit longer than that for a torpedo to launch. Just don't leave the periscope up. The Event Viewer no longer "costs" reality percentage points to use, and will oftentimes show a launch against you (or other targets). You just have to move it out of your way upon its first opening.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote