Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-03-19, 08:54 AM   #8231
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

OK, thanks for that. As I'm editing the TaskForce layers routings, I find that the 43a_Jap_TaskForce_008 group does NOT come up from New Guinea and go "right" to the NNE, and then do the weird turn to the east of Mindanao. Where you encountered it means that it made a right turn se of Mindanao and came directly across south of Mindanao to where you encountered them. The "Loop" probability on waypoint 415 to 443 is set to 100%, so the group cannot go from 415 to 416 and do the turn at 428-429-430. The only route for them to be where you saw them is to go from waypoint 133 to waypoint 429, a relatively straight shot. I do not like these inexplicable bad spawns... by my count, there are at least five ships that are not set correctly in the water. The first is the DD in the opening scene of you vid, sitting too high. The 2nd is the wildly rocking Okinoshima, sitting out of the water. The third is the CA across from it, too high in the water. The fourth is the CVE in front of that, too high in the water, and the fifth is the tanker, which is ~way~ too low in the water. If you find more of that, let us know please. I'm building some test missions to look at the ships individually in RGG. thanks.

Edit: OK, not for sure for certain, but I have found some Waypoints that are outside the boundaries of the groups' tops speeds. ie: group 010 has a ship with a top speed of 15 knots - which would be the maximum for the group, but the group is set to 18.3 knots (eighteen POINT ~THREE~??? say wuh??) at a waypoint nearby to the incident. More 'vestigatin' is called for...

"Poor little guy... probably kept up with you for a mile or so... tough little mutt..."

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-03-19 at 09:23 AM. Reason: :Hmmm: maybe??
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote