Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 03-28-19, 11:33 AM   #7889
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

torpedobait, CapnScurvy would have to give you the details, but I do know from experience from other mods, that if you leave on patrol with a new gun position, and don't man it when it first appears, the slots will "blank". By the same token, I've seen new guns be given, and going back into the crew slots before leaving, there not be any crew slots for the new gun... Also, if I'm not mistaken, the S-Boats don't switch ends with their guns. Bow mount only (only one mount platform), so there might be something amiss in that... It is all being looked into.

When you removed the v0.80, did you by chance run the JSGME "Tasks - Compare game files to snapshot"? One of the strangest things with this game is what does, and what does NOT get overwritten. If the old mod is not removed completely, and all traces removed in the Save folder, then you might end up with cross-contamination.

Michael Ward, where did you encounter that Aux Cruiser Toro? Been seeing a lot of reports of them. There were not that many in the world... but you at least saw sampans... SpyRon is out of the question. We were refused permission, so it is what it is. I changed the order of some of the existing assignments, and their dates around a little bit so that there would be more choices for first missions, including some new ones to Camranh Bay, Hainan & Formosa, specifically built for FotRSU, but you shouldn't get multiple objectives in them... I'll look into that Camranh Bay 01 you mention. Did you get it and the Convoy College after radioing in a Status Report? The "Sinking" missions ("Proceed immediately to area XX and await further orders.") are a Silent Hunter "legacy". There is usually only a tonnage figure attached to them, with "free reign" to go where ever. I've been chipping away at the stone on those to change the "Order" wording, and give a defined area, though in reality, the mission would still be open-ended... When I get enough "translated", I'll foist them upon the unsuspecting public...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote