Old 03-02-19, 12:14 PM   #7650
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
REPORT:

March 18 1943 0730 South of Kii Suido Task force position reported by radio.

Balao moved to intercept and spotted TF on radar and positioned the boat in the path of their course.

Approximate TF position:
134° 55.8 E
33° 29 N

First go around I dropped to periscope depth to inhibit radar detection. Visually spotted CV Shōkaku. Game crashed about 20 seconds later.

Second Go around same actions but I camed out to see what was coming. I spotted at least:

Tanker 2
DD 4
CL 2
CV 2

There were more but the game CTD once more. I did get a look at the second CV before the CTD and it certainly looks like a IJN Taiho:

I think the problem CTD wise is the Taiho was not commissioned until 1944 so there is no way it should be showing up March of 1943.

Visual range can never be closer than the sighting of the Shōkaku. As soon as the Taiho enters visual range CTD.
I'll look into that. The Task Force files were worked over to eliminate such occurrences. This is probably something edited after that was done. We still can't figure out why the game uses dates, if it's just going to run over them anyway, such as spawning a Taiho before its time... Similarly, you shouldn't have a Balao off the coast of Japan in March of '43 either... - but the game runs over those dates also...

As for that sound, we found nodes that it was tied to earlier, but have not found why it "hangs" and repeats over and over. I cannot get my computer to do the sound like that, which makes it difficult to diagnose. Didn't we have a picture of a "leak" somewhere that's an animation, and it wouldn't quit either? Can you look around your boat when you get that, and see if you can find an animation also stuck? Thanks.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote