View Single Post
Old 02-28-19, 11:45 AM   #7644
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
I must disagree, with respect, based on experience and testing.

I fired a whole-boat-load of torpedoes at a small convoy of Ada and Aden marus. Using the event camera I was able to see that every single shot ran too deep. I use auto-targeting, so the draft values are generated for each shot automatically.
In an effort to find the root cause, I returned to my in-port save file and then proceeded to negate all of the torpedo side effects: circle run, deep run, dud, etc. set them all to zero for the torpedoes I had on board. This will eliminate torpedo performance variations. Then restarted the mission from port and sailed back into the west-Pac looking for more Adas and Adens. When I found them and attacked, the same damn thing happened: every shot ran deep. It cannot be bad torpedoes because I eliminated those in the SIM settings...the problem has to be the system generated draft. So, I attacked again only this time I changed my depth setting manually to a value less than the automatic setting and ....bingo... got hits.
Next test, I changed the SIM-draft setting for the Ada and Aden to the same value that is stored in CFG and sailed back into the west-Pac looking for more Adas and Adens. When I found them and attacked, using auto-targeting, every torpedo fired hit the ship.
So, now, based on testing, the only conclusion that can be drawn is that the auto-targeting draft is too deep because it uses the draught (sic) value in the SIM file for the respective ship.
There were issues with the Ada & Aden Maru ships, which have been "repaired". Fifi had posted a shot somewhere in this thread about one of them, which was found when looking at a similar issue found on the Tone class in the Stories and Patrol Logs... Post #4941 picture he has there. The Ada and Aden should now be correctly configured, as is the Tone. The Hagruo had also been worked on. I don't know about the Hiyo. One thing I do know with it though, is that the stadimeter itself can produce some strange results for me, and I'm better off not using it. I just make all kinds of confusing marks (where are the "notes" Ubi promised??) on my NavMap and attack from it... (and missing just as often).

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote