View Single Post
Old 04-21-18, 08:15 AM   #5908
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
I've noticed this mentioned before so I thought I'd mention it. I've been playing a career out of Brisbane. Came back in from a patrol to the Bismarck Sea and was offered a new command which I accepted. I was transferred to Pearl from Brisbane and took command of the USS Balao on Nov 28, 1942. One more thing I was ordered to drop off a Australian coastwatcher in the Solomons and I'm stationed at Pearl Harbor now. Weird!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
I was commanding a Gar class submarine before I got the Balao. As for the equipment, I'd have to look into that.

One more question, I've noticed lately that the deck gun can only be put on behind the conning tower. I've chosen the bow deck gun numerous times 0.63 and I never get the deck gun on the bow. What gives?
Good Morning cdrsubron7! Say, let me ask you this concerning your acquiring the Balao... Did you happen to start at the beginning of the war in Manila? Which boat? ... and you transferred to Surabaya? Which boat? ... and then you went to Fremantle? ... which boat (sorry, again... ) and then you had a Gar somewhere in there, and transferred to Brisbane - maybe??... I'm trying to follow the tangled web they wove for the Asiatic sub fleet. I'm going to guess that you had the Gar prior to being transferred from Fremantle to Brisbane, probably just after or during May of 1942? Then, your score probably is what got you the new boat, since the Gar does not transfer out of Brisbane... ?? Thing is, the Balao isn't available (supposedly) at Brisbane until June 1943, and at Pearl until March 1943... To top it all off, the Balao's "definition" in the game begins on January 1st, 1943... In theory, you shouldn't be able to be assigned one until 1943... I'm looking through old posts in the TMO, RDRDC, and RFB threads to see if I can find any similar reports in those mods. I'll also compare boat dates in those mods.

I forgot to mention the deck gun the other day as well... CapnScurvy found the issue with that, and the next update should have it to where you can have the deck gun at either mount point - it's gonna cost ya though (renown, that is)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Yeah well don't forget there's a Whac-A-Squirrel Special on May 19.... I just thought I'd remind you
Definitely not to be missed... the rest of my life will ~have~ to go on hold beginning May 19th... m u s t - h a m m e r - s q u i r r e l s...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote