Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 10-28-17, 08:19 AM   #5428
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

RAM trouble, eh?... I hate it when that happens to my "computer"... mine is a Grey Deviant model...

I'll do me a slightly revised search in that case and be back in a bit.

================================================== ===

Edit: OK, here we go:

LOTS of traffic to choose from. Was it a Southeast bound group, or Northwest bound? I'm going to guess "Inbound", on a Northwest course, since the two Outbounds are both just troop transports... OK, confirmed as a suspect is 43a_Jap_TroopConvoys_006 RGG, departs Ise Bay near Matsusaka, bound for Davao Gulf. Note the very specific contents of the group:

All of the "Properties" settings that I can find of the groups in the area are fine. Here's our primary suspect:

Now, where your sub was is just beyond what would be the spawn range for where this group makes its last turn to come to North-Northwest for the bay, the last leg of its journey. The angle is less than 90 degrees, which we have already discovered in other settings, is NOT a good thing to do for a single ship, much less a mixed group. That ~might~ be the cause, in that the group was in the middle of the turn, running into each other in the mathematical calculations that the computer does, at the same time as it (the computer) was trying to "draw" the group's images... maybe. I will change the "routing" though, and while I'm in here, do a few others that have similar turns. I can see no other clues as to what may have happened near the spawn site. Now, if you were up closer to Japan, this poor group runs through so many other TroopTransport routes, all doing the zig-zag, that it wouldn't surprise me to see about 2 dozen of the groups with issues, if they go to spawn near a spot where they cross each others' paths...

Does it look like I've covered the correct area though?

2nd Edit:

OK, I neglected to look closely at the Hatsuharu. It uses two different Main guns. I'll hand-off to s7rikeback, ~IF~ he's got his computer system going again. Him, Rockin Robbins and myself are all 3 having issues of one form or another, with computers. I don't know about the other two fellers, but I'm a klutz at the keyboard... Anyway, here's a grab of the DAT file for the guns:

It uses that Single for M02, that Double for M01 and M03, and that Torpedo pod... We'll check them thangs too.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 10-28-17 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Recent discoveries
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote