Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 10-27-17, 02:18 PM   #5424
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Your screenshot doesn't show on my computer Larrywb57, but that sounds like a similar Troop Transport issue to what we were having a few weeks ago. I'll look into that one and try to get to where you're saying you were. I'm guessing that the "skinning" of the vessel either wasn't complete, or it was all-white? Getting ready for Halloween? As for the vessels "disappearing", if you didn't stay within visual range, and were going just by the sonar lines, those will sometimes seem to come from 50nm and further, so they might have been that far away. Another thing that can happen is when you shot your torpedoes, a couple of the vessels may have run into each other, in their attempts to avoid the torpedoes, and that one received damage, or perhaps was close by an explosion from another vessel and received damage, or maybe even a US airplane attacked and bombed it, and the ship eventually sank. Maybe the weather kicked-up while you were submerged.

Most (not all) of the military groups in the FotRSU mod do have a "proper" termination, like they'll sail from Singapore to Tokyo, and go on in to the harbors before they "de-spawn". Not all of the merchants or fishing vessels are like that though, and there are a few military groups, especially submarines, that will "disappear" in the middle of nowhere, especially the Philippine Sea area. But I don't think that's what happened here. All of the Task Force groups have complete routes... I hope to get back to you by this evening with more.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote