CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

I copied my Manila entry to Brisbane, and changed the Flotilla designation:

[Flotilla 2.UserPlayerUnitType 9]
ID= F2NSSPT109

Becomes:[Flotilla 3.UserPlayerUnitType 9]
ID= F3NSSPT109

I have no idea what your ...UnitType number would be, but be sure and change the Objective assignments similarly... juss sayin'... - similarly, the "F" number depends upon what Flotilla you have Brisbane numbered as...

The guns are definitely too strong. Some of the boats had a single-barrel 20mm up front and a single-barrel 40 in the rear, at the most, didn't they? I don't think they would have been able to move very well through the water configured like they are now - but they can sure tear up a merchant from over 5k out...

The "crew" that are available in the game, for the most part, won't work, since they'd "walk" a distance that is longer than the boat, so they'd have to be "posed" folks, maybe two standing doing the binocular and shading of the eyes movements. Maybe have one or two others sitting somewhere?... One thing about battle stations, is that the torpedoes were not always remotely fired, but were instead manually fired out of their tubes by a man standing by the back of a tube, detonating a the black powder launching charge. So they would have to have a person standing at the tube for that (after watching some of the vids, they apparently only did that when the remote wouldn't work - or did it depend upon the boat and time period??)...

Found some links that I'm sure others have already posted:
http://pt-king.gdinc.com/Torpedo.html
Not a very impressive weapon

http://mathscinotes.com/2013/06/aimi...rom-a-pt-boat/
They've got a link for a History channel show on the PT boat. They show push-button and manual lever launches. it's a rather over-dramaticized and romanticized story, but they do show a lot of the different armaments employed, and somewhat how they came into being. Like the Sherman tank in Europe, Necessity was the Mother of Invention...

No sound on this one, but they show the later-used "roll-off" launch of a torpedo, and then the PT boat going faster than the torp, while tracking it...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-04-17 at 10:12 AM. Reason: numbers... it's all theory anyway - and more
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote