View Single Post
Old 07-22-17, 10:16 PM   #5071
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrick View Post
Maybe I'm just dense, but could someone post the steps to install FOTRS on a clean install of SH4 with JGME? I'm having no success and it keeps crashing out.

-Jenrick
Once you get the hang of JSGME, it's a breeze... ee-yeah, right...

It's advisable to empty the My Documents \ SH4 folder. Make your SH4 install. Therein lies the rub. The game disk, or download, or Steam game, all default to using "C:\ Program Files (x86) \ ..." as their "base" folder to install to. This is a left-over from the Windows XP days, when that was fine to do. With today's "modern" computer and "security", Windows will "protect" that folder, and prevent "un-authorized" changes, thereby wrecking your mod activations, since you didn't go through Windows to do that. So create a folder yourself, or edit the path, and stay away from Program Files folders. On my disk installs, I just delete that portion of the path, and have "C:\ Ubisoft \ Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific".

Once you have that, put JSGME in the Wolves of the Pacific (or whatever you called it) folder, and run it. JSGME will then create a folder called MODS in that same directory - er, folder. So you'll now see the folders "Data", "MODS", "RegistrationReminder", etc. Take your mod archive file and place it in MODS. If you use 7zip , you're golden. Just activate the mod, as below. If you use the MS Windows archive mis-manager, you'll have an extra folder of "100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.XX_PublicBeta_ EN" (whatever the version is for the "XX"). You need to change the name of the top-level one, and then "drag" that extra folder out. Delete the one you changed the name of. Now run JSGME and click on "Tasks..." in the middle bar there. Choose "Create snapshot of game files". It will take that a while to run. Once it's finished, then select the "100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.XX_PublicBeta_ EN" listing in the left-hand pane, and then on the right facing "Arrow" at the top of the center bar, and then find something else to do for a while. Depending on the computer, it might be five, it might be ten minutes... When that's complete, play the game. However, do NOT load any previous saves from any other mods, including FotRSU. Doing so will corrupt your game. Hopefully, that does it for you. Either way, let us know how you get along.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote