View Single Post
Old 04-12-17, 08:18 AM   #11
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Why, thank you CapnScurvy, though I do believe that there are others much more knowledgeable and skilled...

Anyway, I forgot to mention to Sniper297 that it's also always a good idea to "Merge..." with the US_HarborTraffic.mis file also (in this particular case), due to the amount of traffic it puts in the harbors, especially Pearl. You wouldn't want your boat to spawn in the middle of a CV, or even a PC...

Sometimes you have to "Merge..." with a whole mess of files, just to be able to judge your placement... The one nice thing about the ME, is that once you're zoomed in on a location, you can just stay at that particular spot and open the files one by one, and you'll stay in that spot, at that zoom level. Don't "Close" or "Exit" from the files, just use the "Open" dialog. Therefore, sometimes a good first step is to start with zooming in on a proposed spawn location and open files one at a time, just using the "File" and "Open", going down the list of mis files. You're then able to judge whether or not you might have to "Merge..." (without Save) any of the files with what you're going to do with another. That way, you've got accurate placement.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote