View Single Post
Old 03-03-17, 08:05 PM   #4016
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
What's needed is a takeaway mod propbeanie, I've just finished my 4th patrol with the 0.54 version and 3 of them were either stick an agent on the Japanese mainland or insert some soldiers on the Japanese mainland.

Some of the members might like these kind of missions but I'm not one of them, a mod to reduce these to 1 every 2 years would be a good idea me thinks.

Edit, what would be really useful is a Uzo button on the Deck gun menu group so you can get range to target.
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
We could probably edit those specops missions to fall within a smaller time period for each one, and that should reduce their occurance, but that will be for a later version. 54 should be on the stove, not to a simmer yet, in fact, all the ingredients probably aren't in... Let me try to run through all of those Insert missions real quick and close that up... We might even cut them further back, and then do a mod later for the die-hard SpecOps enthusiast...

I don't know about doing a range-finder on the gun. Way beyond my skill level. As I'm coming up, I lock the periscope on the target and let the crew do the dirty work and get wet with the ocean spray... or, if I do some fun-time myself, I try to remember to look at the range in the periscope or TBT prior to going to the gun. I usually forget, and have to go back again, which is why I usually leave it to the crew. 'Course I use the deck gun very seldom anyway...
Well, I wasn't fast enough Moonlight, but we'll shoot for the next version. CapnScurvy is entirely too efficient and proficient. He even did half of my "work" for me... I'm not sure if RR is going to call this v54 or 55 yet, but we'll get the SpecOps into the one after that. I'm not sure how far I will get with it, but I do have the dates changed to where you don't have the whole gamut of missions available at the same time, but only a percentage of them. We might even cut them further back still, and then just do an add-on mod for the SpecOps enthusiast...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote