View Single Post
Old 01-03-17, 12:17 PM   #3411
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
I reloaded a save and tried again, killed me a second time. Reloaded and tried again.. but instead of trying to escape I charged into the small convoy after firing all my forward tubes and parked myself about 10 feet under a disabled ship until he went away.
That's what I've found... The Three Horsemen have been doing some experimenting with RGG and regular groups, and at least in this mod, it seems that any little, and I do mean little - November 31 is ~big~... but any little thing wrong and the RGG and even the regular Units can be trashed, producing any manner of anomaly, the least of which would be bad skinning. With that in mind, if you see a vessel with only part of it's skin, let us know where you are and what the date is. There's something a little wrong somewhere around it.

Also, if you have the "pleasure" of being attacked by a Matsu DD from mid- to late- 1944 on (location being a factor in the time frame), be prepared to ~die~... it'll be a quick one, but you will NOT escape... In the "Tachibana" load-out of this vessel, it has four side-throwers, two to a side, that throw staight out, one far, one medium throw. Just aft of those is another side-thrower each side that throws at an angle of about 45 degrees and in a little closer. Then you have the two racks on the backside. Full 180 degree coverage with eight cans at a time, the rear racks dropping two for every one thrown, so basically 10 cans each grouping... and they've got all the latest / greatest in sonar and radar, and even set to just the "competent" middle of the road AI setting, they get you.

Also, there is *supposed* to be a "depth charge dropped" sound in FotRS, since it's in AOTD_MadMax's ReadMe file as a thanks to Nvdrifter...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote