View Single Post
Old 12-31-16, 06:37 AM   #3338
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Webster sorted out the photo recon problem in his GFO mod.

My first orders from Pearl is to photograph Tokyo harbor (Yaizu).
So it looks like I might have a problem with that?

I have heard of this deck gun problem before but I do not know if there is a work around for it.
Before

After

Bow Deck Gun correctly positioned

Peter
Most of the photo recons are being removed, and will be an optional add-on later. When I was disabling them, only part of the config for them made the v0.52. I left out the PatrolObjectives.cfg file with changes that were made for that when I got in a hurry to get Dutch Harbor finished (I accidentally overwrote the file), so you'll still get the assignments, but you won't get any of the "helps" that you normally would, like Moonlight described earlier, where the camera button doesn't light up, and you won't hear a "click" when you push the button. He didn't say whether he got a "target lock" in the periscope... I don't remember if you get the renown "reward" or not, since I haven't looked in the files lately, but you might not. If the icon went grey for Moonlight, then he should have gotten the renown for a complete mission... Moonlight did mention encountering massive quantities of patrol vessels, and when I looked last night, there were like 24 of them out and about. The next revision will have that down to about a third of that.

I'll have to let someone else answer about the deck gun stuff.

Edit: I just went back in there THEBERBSTER, and it looks like the PatrolObjectives.cfg for the DutchHarbor changes didn't even make it in... that's an older file in the mod... hmmmm...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 12-31-16 at 07:30 AM. Reason: hmmmm....
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote