Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 11-18-16, 02:48 PM   #2648
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

We haven't changed any of the types of calls, either way to more GENERIC with [RandomGroup 1.RdmUnit 1] or more regular groups [Group 1.Unit 1] just yet. Some of TMO Campaign went with a bunch of "regular" groups, such as their harbor defenders, found in the SubHunter groups, and they used more RGG for the convoys and such. Stock is almost exclusively RGG, except specific Groups and Units for the named battles. I'm not sure which way is best, but it would seem to me that if you reduce the amount of "decisions" for the computer by reducing the number of RGG and Generic vessels that have to be "thought" about and ciphered on, the more efficient the game's engine runs... ?? But, how "stressed" does it really get with those tasks? Might not even be an issue.

I'd imagine that if the CTDs (me included) don't have the CL patch put in the game, that any group that's supposed to have a Katori, Tenryu or Yubari CL will potentially take them out to the desktop, aka: Crash To Desktop (CTD) (CTD... ironic, ain't it? - Crash Test Dummy - too rich ). But, there aren't too many of those calls in the Campaign.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-18-16 at 02:52 PM. Reason: oops... forgot a word or two... :lol:
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote