View Single Post
Old 11-05-16, 11:45 AM   #5627
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Do you think that when Brexit does happen and the farming subsidies are cut or are stopped entirely that the farming community will swing to SNP or will they go down the tubes too quickly for it to matter? I can see the fishing communities staying Tory because they'll be hoping to get less strict quotas, but I don't think that Westminster is going to be able to change much when it comes to fishing based quotas, but they might well be able to exercise greater control of British fishing waters which will please the fishermen...if...of course, we can get the coverage to monitor and patrol it.
The simplest way to put it would be: the North East of Scotland voted SNP because Glasgow voted Labour. Now that Glasgow is voting for the SNP, the North East will start voting for someone else! It's also a former Unionist stronghold, so swinging back to the Tories is not outwith the realm of fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
It's getting there, I mean, we've got two good carriers, some good destroyers and orders down for some new frigates, the Astutes are coming out on time and the Dreadnought has been confirmed. If we can keep both carriers and the F35s turn out alright then we'll have a fairly potent force, if somewhat stretched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
True that but what other military areas will suffer financially as a consequence?
The problem isn't money so much as personnel retention. The services are hemorrhaging people left, right and centre.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.