Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-04-16, 11:24 AM   #1043
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Ooh, noice, XTBilly. I'm going there next...

CapnScurvey: a person can learn something new every day if they just pay attention, eh? I never noticed those drop-down dialogs up there... oldmanitis, I suppose...

Now, everything under "German" works fine, through all the "Big xxx" stuff. Using the dropdown boxes, that last ship I saw before the crash is indeed "Old Liner", but it is under the "Rare Troop Transport" class, or whatever they want to call that. If you're using the "All" menu, the next "ship" that loads after that is "Submarine" and "Type IX-D2". When I choose that "Submarine" menu item, I will get the water displaying, which then starts to "move", like there should be a ship or boat there, but the boat never displays, the water freezes, and the computer does the all-too-familiar CTD. Three times on this machine. I'll go downstairs later and try the big beast and see what I get.

In the meantime, quoting you: "... so maybe we're left with one thing to do.......upgrade the workhorse of our computers for the sake of keeping up with the times. A little upgrade every few years is needed if you ask me..." I say "copy that". Even the old core 2 duo quad core with it's (at the time) "modern" vid card is starting to burst at the seams... It mostly does audio and video stuff, and the new "standards" in video editing are putting a BIG strain on that system... However, funding is a problem, so I guess I'm gonna have to go stand out on the street corner and beg me up some parts...

Lunch break is over, back to the kitchen cabinets, at least until I can think of something I have to "research" on the computer... :wink:

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote